Saturday, October 19, 2013

California Colloquium

For the past two days I have had the great honour of being a guest of the prestigious Pomona College in Claremont, California.  In addition to a breakfast meeting with film students, a class visit and an educational screening of my 2012 documentary 'In the Grey Zone' (WEBSITE), I had the honour of speaking about and presenting clips of my recent documentary 'A2-B-C' (WEBSITE) as part of the college's "Oldenborg Luncheon Colloquium".  The event was extremely well-attended, and the audience of students and faculty asked wonderful and challenging questions.

(photo: Cybele Kappos)
((photo: Cybele Kappos))
The Pomona College campus and buildings are gorgeous and the weather was perfect.  It was an honour to be invited here and an absolute joy to meet such engaging students and to share my work with them.  I am filled with gratitude.
"Let only the eager, thoughtful and reverent enter here."
The tree-lined streets of the campus
The college guest house where I stayed was gorgeous!
The outdoor classroom

This beautiful dining hall looks more like a church!

A beautiful courtyard on the campus

"They only are loyal to this college who departing bear their added riches in trust for mankind."





No comments: